Stäng Login avstängt

Reggae - 19th January - Gramps Morgan live showcase @ K2!

Taggar: Reggae Soundkilla Dj Ashman Club Soundkilla Morgan Heritage Gramps Morgan Jemere Morgan

• Soundkilla

Postad 2013-01-15

Soundkilla presents:
    A Night Called: Father & Son featuring Gramps Morgan from Morgan Heritage Family 
    Support by: Jemere Morgan

Main room with Dj Ashman (Soundkilla), Aphex Sound with full crew Skinny Digital, Seb1 & Dj Patrik!
    Bar/Lounge with Dj Ka joe & The East African Crew!

Gramps Morgan:

Roy Morgan, a member of the internationally renowned reggae group, Morgan Heritage, was born in Brooklyn, New York and raised in Springfield, Massachusetts. He became a member of the family band Morgan Heritage, at the tender age of nine. Morgan Heritage has recorded over ten albums spanning many hits including the all time favorites “Down By The River”, “Don’t Haffi Dread” and “I’m Coming Home”, to mention but a few. They have sold millions of records and continue to gain fans all over the world. After more than a decade of touring and performing with Morgan Heritage, Gramps is now reveling in the success of his long foreseen solo career.

An experienced vocalist, keyboard player and performer, Gramps released his first official single as a solo artist, “Wash The Tears”, under his own Dada Son Entertainment label. Following the success of “Wash the Tears”, Gramps debuted his first solo album, Two Sides of My Heart - Vol. 1 in 2009. Gramps set out on tour with several major musical artists to introduce himself as a solo artist and meet his fans. He performed on the highly successful "Evolver" tour with John Legend and India Arie and also performed during India Arie’s "Soulbird" tour. He continued to tour with Tarrus Riley, his brother Peetah Morgan and was the opening act for his longtime friend, Buju Banton on the "Rasta Got Sou"l tour. 

Written, composed and produced by Gramps, “Wash The Tears” entered Italy’s Top 20 Singles Chart at number eight. The album spawned multiple hit singles, which earned Gramps three awards for Best New Entertainer, Best Song (“Wash The Tears”) and Best Crossover Song (“Therapy” featuring India Arie) at the 2010 International Reggae and World Music Awards. He also earned a nomination for Reggae Artist of the Year at the 2010 Soul Train Music Awards and went on to win Album of the Year at the 6th Annual Excellence in Music and Entertainment Awards. Gramps’ work and collaboration with reggae superstar Buju Banton on his album "Before the Dawn" would set the wheels in motion for his greatest accomplishment to date; At the 53rd Annual Grammy Awards in 2011, "Before the Dawn" won the award for Best Reggae Album, which lists Gramps as co-producer, lead vocalist and writer for the track “Try Life”. 

Now that he is settling into the success and solo stardom of which his father dreamed, Gramps says, “I just want to give people new music and let people know that everything is going to be alright. I want to reason with my fans and get personal with them because everyone has problems. My music is about healing, heart to heart. This has always been my father’s plan; we are all on an individual journey to express ourselves musically”.

More info:

Jemere Morgan:

Jemere means “wish come true.” And if wishes come true, then Jemere is on his way to paving an exciting and successful musical career. His Father, Gramps Morgan, is a legendary International Reggae Artist. His Grand-Father, Denroy Morgan, who brought you the hit record “I’ll Do Anything For You,” topped all the Billboard charts in 1981. 
    With hits like “Sunshine Glow” & “International love” Jemere is getting closer to become a household name on lovers rock genre.

His biggest musical influence comes from his Father, Gramps Morgan, but also from Mario, Chris Brown, Otis Redding and India Arie. Through his Father, Jemere is inspired to push his talent beyond boundaries. His Father drives him, supports him and is always there to lead him down the right path. Jemere adheres to his Father’s favorite quotewhich is “Respect and manners will carry you through the world.”
    While growing up, he fell in love with music when he went on the Van Warps tour with his Father and his family for 7 weeks. Seeing his Father and his band mates, Morgan Heritage, perform inspired Jemere so much that he knew that music was the only thing that he wanted to do with his life.
    What makes Jemere stand out from other Artists is his unique style of combining all types of genres in his music. He has recorded music that blends pop with reggae; and blends rhythm and blues with hip hop. Jemere is currently working in the studio on his EP and his first single “First Kiss” is now available on iTunes. Additionally, he recently toured with his Father, Gramps Morgan, on his European Tour which also featured his Uncle, Peetah Morgan from the reggae group ‘Morgan Heritage.’ He was the nightly opening act. This eye-opening experience was an exciting start for Jemere’s career as he was able to showcase his talents on an international stage. Jemere is on his way to having a successful career that parallels his Father’s.

More info:

At: New K2, Götgatan 99 - Skanstull - ID 20.

Advance Tickets: 200kr. At the door 230kr
    Tickets at: Soundkilla, S:t Eriksgatan 48 Tel. 08-6541400, 
    Make sure to get your tickets in time, very limited access.
  • Joakim Romantic

33 år, Man, Huddinge

Postad 2013-01-15

Gramps är grym! Intressant att han säljs in utan att pappa Denroy nämns medan han nämns som inspirationen för Jemere. Kanske inte är så konstigt dock då Morgan Heritage i det stora hela är klart bättre än pappa Denroys grupp Black Eagles (och hans senare solomaterial under eget namn). Fast samtidigt så står Denroy bakom låtar som »Pumpin Joy« (Black Eagle 12") som är ett rent och purt rootsmästerverk.

Skriv ett inlägg

Logga in eller registera dig för att skriva

Senaste händelser

Senaste inläggen